Questions and answers on many aspects of soundproofing areas of your home

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
coreywebster
Labourer
Labourer

Using RWA45 Between Floor for Sound Insulation

Post by coreywebster » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 am

Hello everyone.
I am planning on taking up the floor in top bedroom and using mineral wool slab in the floor space. 100mm thick. However in researching I have read that de rating wiring may be needed, I also read its not needed due to the rwa45 been less than .04 u value? So what does everyone think? There is a separate consumer unit for the top floor so I'm hoping I don't have to de rate anything.
Also will I need to fit a fire hood over the down light below? I know rockwool is fire resistant but maybe theres more to it than that?
Plus another concern is will the ceiling hold the weight of rwa 45 acoustic slab. I know its supposed to be friction fit but still concerned the floor may not hold the added weight? Once ive done the floor insulation I plan on building a floating floor and possibly insulating the walls by using 50mm acoustic mineral wool slabs and soundboard over the top. Using a barrier layer also to isolate everything.
This is all so I can use the room as a practice room for my bass and guitar. I also have a fridge in there and will have a few amps. It wont be mega loud but id hate to do all this and have a fire risk or a ceiling collapse or just of wasted all my cash.
Appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
Cheers, Corey.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:36 pm