UVPC window door handles do not fully close
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
superpossible
Labourer
Labourer

UVPC window door handles do not fully close

by superpossible » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:28 pm

Here are the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/USL7XxR

These were installed a few years ago and ALL of them have this problem where the handle doesn't fully close. So we close it as much as possible.

There is a lot of resistance with the rubber lining. If I close the window not as tightly, then the handle will fully shut and click.

The window in the picture above doesn't look like anything is wrong, at least to me. So I can't understand why it's not closing properly and why there is so much resistance with the rubber. I can't force it to close fully or it looks like I'm gonna break it!

Any help would be great.

I'm going to buy some WD40 tomorrow and spray that and see if it makes any difference.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: UVPC window door handles do not fully close

by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:22 pm

Hi superimpossible
You could try adjusting the position of the striker plate. If this doesn’t work the most likely issue is that the hinges have worn allowing the window to drop slightly so there is not enough clearance between the striker plate and the handle mechanism. Get an assistant to lift the window while you close it.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:23 am