V4073A 3 port valve replaced, but still only getting HW
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
samantha
Apprentice
Apprentice

V4073A 3 port valve replaced, but still only getting HW

by samantha » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Can anyone help? CH was coming on only on the 1st and 2nd programmed times but would not come on the 3rd programmed time.(honeywell st6400c) Did this for about a week and then heating would not come on at all (Despite this, hot water has been going on and off fine). Just had 3 port diverter valve replaced... heating came on straight away after switching everything back on, i then turned the thermostat down in the hall and as you would expect, the heating turned off. Now i'm trying to get more heat, but heating will not come back on again. Again, HW working perfectly fine. Any ideas?? Could it be a faulty programmer given it was working morning afternoon but not the evening (3rd) set time?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:36 pm

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=13590

Maybe you wasted money changing the V4073, which would probably have been the same price as a new programmer.

Obviously only a guess, unless you want to get an electrical tester and test the programmer, is there power to the boiler when the programmer is calling for heat ?

Maybe the best bet would be to get an engineer out to take a look (or replace programmer) :-)

htg

samantha
Apprentice
Apprentice

by samantha » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi Htg... hope you didnt get me wrong.... i had a valve from a while back as i had problems which turned out to be he PCB on the boiler, so the valve was never used. I guess out of desperation i thought i would change the head, seeing as it was sitting there in its box!!.... Any how, still not working sadly!!!!!! :cry:

I have now borowed a multimeter.... could you tell me what to test so at least i can know whether or not it is the programmer????

As for getting an engineer, i've had 2 out who looked at the system and told me everything was as it should be :? ..... i never saw either of them get a meter out though!!... Thats why i have resolved myself to trying to fix it myself as i seem to be the only one i can rely on just now.

Thanks, Samantha

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:07 pm

Don't mess on with electrics if you do not know what you're doing. You could end up making the problem worse by blowing the PCB or yourself. You either know how to use the multimeter or you don't.

Just had a brainwave, why not try changing the programmer !!!!!!! they're not that expensive, if still no luck - get an engineer.

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1