Vaillant Combi Central Heating Problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hfalkner
Labourer
Labourer

Vaillant Combi Central Heating Problem

by hfalkner » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:46 am

Hi all,

Vaillant Combination Boiler / Not sure of model number

Basically, last night I decided I would run the central heating system for the first time in a good few months (summer and all that). It proved to be a huge success with all radiators warming up nicely, heating the house as expected.

However, I wake up this morning ready to shower and get out of the house only to find that I am void of any hot water. The hot water simply wasn't flowing as it should be.

Now, I'm pretty confident that this has something to do with the heating going back on.

Can anyone help shed some light on this situation?

Thanks in advance,
D

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Vaillant Combi Central Heating Problem

by plastic_man77 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm

@ hfalkner

Your probably right in saying that putting the heating on has had an affect on your hot water performance. It could be for a number of reasons though.

It's necessary to know what boiler model you have, whether it's a condensing boiler, and what the reading on the system pressure gauge is.

Have you tried moving the boiler selector switch back to hot water only? Are there any unusual lights or codes flashing on the display? Is there a reset button/procedure?

Does the boiler have a pilot light? Is is on?

denson
Labourer
Labourer

by denson » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:44 pm

if the injector is missing on a vaillant boiler would it cause the fan to brake 2 weeks later.cheers

SSharm
Labourer
Labourer

by SSharm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:36 pm

I'd need to know the model number to give a better answer but I don't think an injector has anything to do with it, your best bet is to call an engineer to get it sorted properly.

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

by plastic_man77 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:10 pm

@ denson

It seems a strange question for you to ask. Why was an injector missing from your boiler for two weeks?

What boiler model do you have? Are you referring to a pilot or burner injector?

How did your boiler perform in the two weeks prior to the fan breaking down? Was the hot water ok?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1