Vaillant Eco Tec Plus - How do I Bleed the System at the Boiler!!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Millmollmandi
Labourer
Labourer

Vaillant Eco Tec Plus - How do I Bleed the System at the Boiler!!

by Millmollmandi » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:14 pm

So I am driving my poor husband mad getting him to remove radiators for.me to decorate. The first few times were fine however the last time we did it the hot water would not come on so as we have british gas cover I called them and they came out and said the system needed bleeding at the boiler as it was the highest point. Also hinted that they would not come out to this again as it was not really a fault. Ok so I got him to do the same today and wouldn't you know it no hot water. I would point out we have done this in the past with no issues. So please can someone tell me how you bleed the system at the boiler as we just can't figure it out and don't want him to touch it until he is sure what he is doing. I need a bath!!!

Millmollmandi
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Vaillant Eco Tec Plus - How do I Bleed the System at the Boiler!!

by Millmollmandi » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:02 pm

We have hot water!!! He has been running round the house bleeding the life out of every radiator in turn till water was spewing everywhere. However it would still be great to hear from anyone who can advise how to bleed from the boiler for the future please.

Barbastelle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Vaillant Eco Tec Plus - How do I Bleed the System at the Boiler!!

by Barbastelle » Tue May 04, 2021 2:56 am

First off. Find your Users manual, or download it from the internet at Vaillant web site but not from other web sites that will charge you.
Along with it you will need the service manual. You will not be touching the gas side so do not worry.
Under the boiler you will find two 1/4 tern taps. These are used to turn on the water (from the mains) to fill your radiators. It is important to turn them to the correct positions once you are finished. The water in the rads. will be pressurised to about one to one and a half Bar. when cold. So the pressure will need to be set watching the graph on the LCD display. Too a low pressure the boiler will cut out, not start. Boiler will have a MagClean fitted as required for the boiler guarantee. Also inhibitor in the water of the radiators. Be sure to understand your Consumer rights Act 2015. It lasts longer than the guarantee.
Good luck regards Barbastelle

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1