DIY Doctor

Valve imediately above boiler

Postby Pedique » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:12 am

I have a 16 year old Ideal compact boiler that has a 22mm "T" valve in line immediately above it that has some sort of heavy duty spring in it. This has become very corroded with calcium and needs to be replaced. My local merchant seems perplexed and reluctant to help. I have looked online and can not find anything like it. Any ideas out there?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:03 am


Simply Build It

Postby DEEARR2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:04 pm

3-ported valves with springs would indicate an electrically driven divert valve. However, you refer to a heavy duty type spring which could possibly be a safety release device. Advise having a proffessional have a look at the device and have it identified.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics