Various water tanks in flat!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TAP1970
Labourer
Labourer

Various water tanks in flat!

by TAP1970 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Evening all, wonder if you can enlighten me?

Just moved into flat. In the airing cupboard there is an cylinder/immerson tank then a small white tank which sits above the cylinder (on some wooden planks) but also a tank in the loft. Have not been able to get into the loft properly to check it is an active tank but there is copper piping that goes up to it. Would one tank be for radiators and other for hot water = kitchen/bathroom?

Also... the hot water tap -pressure is quite low and comes out the same speed if the tap is on a little or full. When only running a small amount of hot water - you can really hear (loudy) one of the tanks in the airing cupboard (although can't be used for airing as the damn two tanks take up all the space!!) filling up - I think it is the small white one sitting just above the cylinder tank and then.. the cylinder tank makes a very strange sort of gulping noise. The flat is council and apparantely, as I have been told, they replaced the systems before I moved in. The noises just don't sound right to me. Is all this making sense? Someone said it might right itself and could be air in it or after use it will sot itself. If its something I have to put up with is there anything that can be bought to make the tanks in the airing cupboard quieter.. also this backs on to the bedroom and can be heard through the walls - it will drive me mad. Don't fancy calling the council in.. sorry but they are useless!

Can anyone please shed some light... PLEASE. Thank you in advance.

From someone who knows absolutely nothing re plumbing!

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:16 am

If it’s a council home, you should just call them out.

Don’t touch it or you would invalidate your tenancy and lose your home.

stuart_craigon2003
Tradesman
Tradesman

by stuart_craigon2003 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:24 am

Hey, I think your small white tank in the cupboard is an expansion tank for your cylinder. All your cold water needs will come from the one in the loft.
The noises will probably just be air in the system and it might sort its self but I wouldn't quote me on that, as for the flow am not 100% sure on that.

Sorry I can't help more.

Stuart

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed May 28, 2008 12:30 am

Useless or not it's there responsibility. As Peter says - call them out.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:09 pm