Ventilation Suggestions
Brickwork, drystone walling, render are a few subjects covered here. Click here to post questions and get answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stuart
Labourer
Labourer

Ventilation Suggestions

Post by stuart » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:08 pm

I've got an outbuilding attached to the rear of my garage. The outbuilding has floorboards, and is roughly 8 feet square. It may be two bricks thick (hopefully with a cavity) and is internally plastered.

I can see no ventilation in this room except two windows (which are usually shut, but do open), though I can certainly see damp.

Is it acceptable to fit a two air brick vents (maybe one near ground level above DPC, and one around the ceiling height), or should I install a sub-floor vent (which would probably be more expensive)?

The garage has a concrete floor and two air bricks in the position described above.

As this is an outbuilding, I don't want to go over the top.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:38 pm

Take a look at our project on condensation Stuart you may find it easier to insert trickle vents into the window frames. The damp should be investigated though, its ok venting the place but if damp is getting in through the walls venting wont stop it damaging the walls eventually it will just stop it being so noticable as it will alloow it to evapourate out more quickly.,

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm