Ventilation & temperature in bathroom
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Butterfly
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ventilation & temperature in bathroom

by Butterfly » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:14 am

I have a bathroom in which I've been trying to tackle the build up of condensation. It has a shower over the bath, a 4" humidistat extractor fan, a small electric heater on the wall, which I do use whilst taking a shower. There is no window and the walls are cold to the touch before taking a shower, probably below the Dew point. I can clear the condensation after taking a shower with a demuidifier, however this still does not resolve the issue of the walls becoming wet whilst showering.

I would be grateful if you could offer any advice about what I can do to increase the ventilation and temperature in the bathroom.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:27 am

Hi

Have you had a look at the DIY Projects section at all: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There are numerous projects related to damp issues and condensation that may be of some use to you.

Regards

rose
Ganger
Ganger

by rose » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Google dealec.co.uk and search for xpelair.

not sure if this will help. I have heard you can get powerfull extractor fans, but can't remember the name of it.
I would love to know where the hotels get theirs from as there is no condensation whatsoever in the bathrooms.
good luck

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1