Veranda Style Tiled Roof Issues
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

misterbee
Labourer
Labourer

Veranda Style Tiled Roof Issues

by misterbee » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:51 am

Good Morning- The 40 yr old house is dry- except , on about 10 occasions over 15 years , when rain is torrential, and wind blown - theres been a leak in the veranda - lower gradient, slope roof. Its been completely dry for last 2 years , but had a few leaks - same place- on carpet anyway. Ive cleaned moss off yearly, perhaps a mistake going up there , but it has worked, as the moss , if it builds up , acts as a barrier. The loft is insulated , and looking inside , during heavy rain , you`d never know there was a leak. There is less space between roof and insulation on the veranda style roof. When I was up there I noticed that 3 of the concrete tiles have just fine cracks , on the ridge bit not in the valley. The tiles , in general , look solid enough but as you can see , some have lifted, at the ends - I can count 15 ish- maybe because of me? and wont push back , though I haven't tried to forcibly do so . I am just seeking advice on what might cause the occasional leak and whats caused those tiles on the veranda roof to lift up - The rest of the house has never leaked- Thanks for viewing . ps. I have a lot more pictures I can load up.
Attachments
tiles veranda room 7 small.jpg
tiles 4;;; thumbnail.jpg
tiles 2 thumbnail.jpg
tiles 1;;;. thumbnail.jpg

It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:34 am