DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Vertical Crack in the Corner of a Room in Semi-Detached Property

Postby sjg90 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:17 am

I live in a semi-detached, and in the middle room at the back of the house I've got a vertical crack in the corner which goes through to the other room. The wall around it seems solid and doesn't sound bad when tapped. Is it best I just fill it myself? I was thinking of forcing some mortar through till it comes through into the other room and then smooth off? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:58 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi sjg90,
This looks like a pretty big movement crack, you really need to get a structural surveyor in to suggest how to stabilise the wall before you fill the crack.
Regards S.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics