Very unhappy with renovation work to house
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Moneypit1
Labourer
Labourer

Very unhappy with renovation work to house

by Moneypit1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:16 am

Hi all, new to this, coming to the end of some building work in my house, had some walls knocked out, bifolds installed, room reconfigured. My question is (at the risk of sounding entitled) whether it’s normal to feel unhappy with so many aspects of the work? I don’t like the position of some walls, the threshold on the bifolds is too high, pipe work on rads not right, the list goes on. I’m not a builder or designer and have managed it all myself and made a lot of mistakes I realise now. I just feel so unhappy and we’ve spent so much money on it. Feel gutted.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Very unhappy with renovation work to house

by stoneyboy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Hi moneypit1
It is always difficult to envisage the effect of layout changes to an existing building - work with what you have ended up with and use decorating skills to improve the visual effect.
Other niggles can be sorted - bifolds can be refitted lower, pipe runs can be redone. If any of these are due to bad workmanship get the trades back in to put them right.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:19 pm