Vitodens 200-W Replacement Combi Boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
margillena
Labourer
Labourer

Vitodens 200-W Replacement Combi Boiler

by margillena » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:22 pm

We have a 4 bed house and are looking to replace our Glow-worm 30hxi with a combi boiler or at least something that can give us instant hot water for 2 bathrooms. I have looked at the Vitodens 200-W which seems to be a good quality boiler. I am in the process of getting quotes but one of the plumbers told me that Veissman is incredibly hard to get spare parts for and to find someone who knows how to repair them in England. He said that 'Ideal' boilers is what they install because parts are easy to get and everyone knows how to fit them. I am now confused and wondered if anybody has any advice please about type, size and brand of boiler which is good for a 4 bed/2 bath house & cloakroom.

Atticus Finch
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Vitodens 200-W Replacement Combi Boiler

by Atticus Finch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:53 pm

margillena wrote:We have a 4 bed house and are looking to replace our Glow-worm 30hxi with a combi boiler or at least something that can give us instant hot water for 2 bathrooms.

What's wrong with the 30hxi?

Have you measured your incoming cold water flow rate and dynamic pressure? You will need at least 20 litres/min at 1 bar if you want to run two baths at the same time using a combi boiler.

margillena
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Vitodens 200-W Replacement Combi Boiler

by margillena » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm

I have been told there is nothing wrong with the glow worm boiler but the water storage tank in the loft is too small and is not supported very well. It is above my sons bedroom. The reason I want to replace it is to firstly get rid of the storage tank, the boiler is now in the wrong place after knocking a couple of walls down and I would prefer to have instant hot water. We had a combi in our last house.although it was just a one bath house. I know I need something bigger in order to have a shower running and possibly the kitchen sink at the same time without losing heat/pressure. I asked British gas to tell me the water pressure when they came to check out the house but for some reason they didn't test it. Thanks Atticus.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1