Wall panels for shower enclosure
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jemball
Tradesman
Tradesman

Wall panels for shower enclosure

by jemball » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:37 am

I am considering using 1900x850 tile effect wall panels in our new shower. They are supplied by B&Q who specify using 'evostik nail & seal adhesive' for guarantee purposes. There is a recess in one of the walls which will mean cutting a panel to fit.

Does anyone recommend using these panels or should I use ordinary tiles?

Thanks Jem

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:24 pm

I think this is a product similar to Swish Marbrex wall panels?? If so, I have installed many bathrooms using this product.

The upside is they are waterproof and less likely to leak than tiles. They also make a barrier between the walls and the wet area so condensation is less likely. There is no grout to go black either!

The downside is they are quite thin and can easily be damaged (although individual panels can be replaced). Very easy to scratch too.

This type of surface is becoming more popular, but you either like it or hate it.

jemball
Tradesman
Tradesman

by jemball » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks Plumbob.

I bought some panels and found them very flimsy when I opened the package, and only really suitable for very regular walls. I have a recess in one of the sides and did not fancy cutting the panels to suit, so I have now decide to use tiles.

Regards jemball

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:46 am