DIY Doctor

Wall paper of thin layer of foam anyone heard of it?

Postby kerravon2021 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:42 pm

Old pensioner with copd has just moved into council flat that has damp
in a couple of rooms. two of the bedroom have what looks like a thin
layer of sponge with hariglypter paper put on backwords.
Previous tenant says the council fitted to cure damp in those rooms, surely this isnt right, took a little piece out and burnt it the smell was horrendous. Is this wall covering legal? any help greatly appreciated.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:34 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi kerravon2021
Lining a wall with expanded polystyrene “wall paper” and applying wallpaper has been the standard way of dealing with cold damp walls for ages. As far as I know this has not been identified as a fire risk.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4524
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics