Wall Plate in Loft and Extending an Existing Loft Conversion
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Stumar
Labourer
Labourer

Wall Plate in Loft and Extending an Existing Loft Conversion

Post by Stumar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 am

Hi, this will hopefully be a quick and easy thing for someone to answer. I am looking to extend an already existing loft conversion. Since having new boiler installed the huge water tank in loft has gone leaving a lot of spare space. I need to add joists to support the new section of the room. I can see the wall plate on the rear and front of the house which is the way the joists run. However the question I want to ask is, is there a wall plate to the side of the house? I have looked but cannot see it, or at least cannot see it as obvious as it is to the front and back of the house where existing joists already sit. It is a 1930's semi detached house. Any help or advice is appreciated. I ask this as I would need to run joists from this wall plate and hang them from the existing double joists supporting the side of the current conversion as it is impossible to run them from back to front due to the staircase in place.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:20 am