Wall problem
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

Wall problem

Post by Newbee » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:10 am

I posted a problem I was haivng with a wall in my house that had been treated with a man made material, to help prevent dampness problems but it was to help cure condensation probelms.
This treatment when expsosed by the covering paint having flaked off ruined the wallpaper by brown stains appear over a period of time.
I was suggesterd i use an oil based paint or a alkoli sealer.
I suspected it was a tar based product, I had it covered with a oil under pait, bad move! it reacted with the covering and took ages to dry.
I then had it painted with an aluminium pait which is used to under coat wood and it claimed to seal bitumen, BINGO!
This has saved me the work of having to reline the wall.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:37 am

Thanks for that but do not be mislead into thinking that your condensation problems are cured. There is only one cure for condensation and it is ventilation. See our project on condensation

Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by Newbee » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:19 am

I already advise people on a daily basis about energy efficiency and that includes dampness and condensation problems so I'm well versed as to the possible problems and cures.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:08 pm