DIY Doctor

wall removal

Postby yogi22kar » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:45 am

I need to open space by removing wall between two reception rooms. This is 1930s semi detached house building. The wall is a solid brick wall and supports similar wall on top of it (that separates upstairs bedrooms). There is a wood burning fireplace in the corner of this wall in the first reception room. I am not sure if it is better to get rid of this fireplace as we do not use it. Also, do you know, if I would need a planning permission or any other approval for this work from the local council?
Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:01 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:12 am

You must get building regulations permission so will need plans for the structural elements.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3853
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics