Want you opinion of best washing machine in range?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimb0
Labourer
Labourer

Want you opinion of best washing machine in range?

by jimb0 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:32 pm

I am working on a website at the moment

I am trying to get peoples opinions on the what they consider to be the best washing machines in different price ranges. Any advice will be welcome.

1st - low end washing machines under £250
2nd mid range £250-550
3rd top end over £550

I look forward to hearing from you comments

anna_starr82
Apprentice
Apprentice

best washing machine

by anna_starr82 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:34 am

After a little research , this is what I came up with :

Haier HLP23E Top Load Washer for around 178.7£
Pros:
-Easy setup,
- simple controls,
- cleans effectively,
-spin dry good enough to overnight air dry
Cons:
-Needs high capacity drain for waste water
-lacks fabric softener dispenser
-twists long sleeve-tees.

Frigidaire Gallery GLTF2940FS for around 365 £
pros: -Low price
-Energy Star certified
-Fast spin cycle
cons :
-Door seal water buildup
- Unstylish appearance

Samsung WF218ANW for around 592.36£

pros :
* Highly efficient
* Very good washing performance
* Large capacity
cons:

* Mold and musty odors
* Repairs can be time-consuming

Haier HLP23E Top Load Washer for around 178.7£
Pros:
-Easy setup,
- simple controls,
- cleans effectively,
-spin dry good enough to overnight air dry
Cons:
-Needs high capacity drain for waste water
-lacks fabric softener dispenser
-twists long sleeve-tees.

What do you think ?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:17 pm

I wrote to most manufactures before buying a washing machine to work on a narrow boat off an inverter.

There is only one manufacture who says "We don't know any reason why it would not work" and that was LG all the others say it will not work of a modified sine wave inverter.

So we got an LG and yes it will work on a modified sine wave inverter and when monitoring the current at 230vac the motor peaked at 1.2A on spin and normally around the 0.8A and of course the heater takes full 2KW.

Because of the direct drive inverter controlled motor the power consumption is very smooth and on shore power in spite of drawing 9.34A it will run off a B6 MCB it however trips a B4 MCB.

With all this in mind for a narrow boat either you buy the special boating washing machine start at £750 for basic model or you buy LG. So only question is which model of LG washing machine.

The big problem seems to be in order to get the efficiency ratings all washing machines now are cold fill only. This also means it washes out blood and other items which could be set by hot water first so in theory washes better but when one has a solid fuel cooker and water cooled engine which produce loads of free hot water which if not used just heats up the canal it seems crazy to use electric to heat water. Seems many people put a jug of hot water in with the cloths to reduce electric use.

With the use of solar panels and wind generators selecting appliances that will work on a modified sine wave becomes more and more important so either the other manufactures will need to follow LG's lead or fall by the wayside.

jossiegas5
Labourer
Labourer

by jossiegas5 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:19 am

Personally, we have the Whirlpool WFW9450WR Front Load Washer 4.4 cu ft and we are happy we purchased it. Our washing machine makes our laundry is clean and fresh smelling. Its large capacity and other time-saving features also allow us to do our laundry with minimum time and effort.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:33 pm