Warm Water Only?? Mixer Taps or Boiler Issues?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ap
Labourer
Labourer

Warm Water Only?? Mixer Taps or Boiler Issues?

by ap » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:46 pm

I have been having ongoing issues with Hot water in my flat. I have a Combi Vailant Boiler. I have had the Diverter switch, diaphram and the Hot water Exchange (Chlorifier?) replaced by a BG engineer. Although the water now gets hot (just about) Im having to set the temp control on the boiler to Max to get any hot water. (I used to keep it on at 6 and have really hot water) - but not any more. Also when using the kitchen hot water tap the temp hardly gets hot and Im only turning on the hot water. It feels like cold water is coming through as well when you put your hand under it. (Same issues with the bathroom mixer tap) Having many engineers out they have mentioned something about sorting out the mixer taps. I have changed both cartridges (flow and temp) for my mixer shower but this has not made a difference. Will I need to have my kitchen and bath room mixer taps looked at? Are these problems related?..........

Any info would be greatly appreciated.......

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:10 am

I think they have installed thermostatic mixer taps or a valve in your home.

These units are a there for you safety and design to stop the water getting too hot.

I know in old folks home and new builds there a legal requirement.

There not a lot you can do about them, the water temp is pre set and turning up the boiler don’t make any different.

All you can do is replace them.

But if you have old people or kids in the house have a good think before you do.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:45 pm