warmfront £300 rebate scheme
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tsb
Tradesman
Tradesman

warmfront £300 rebate scheme

by tsb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:49 pm

We're getting quite a few people enquire about this grant, but don't know much about it. I know what the offer is but the money comes out of my pocket first, then it seems you have to claim it back. Is it worth looking at or is it a rip off for the installer

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 am

You have to claim it back, using a signed customer rebate form signed by the customer.

I can't see how it is a rip off from the installer perspective as you claim back £300...... so its just £300 you would have got anyway, the only downside being a possible delay in receiving the said money as it is processed.

However, why the CUSTOMER bothers with it I dont know. A lot of installers mark up their prices and naive customers think they are getting a good deal as they are getting 'free' money...... even though they end paying the same if not more than normal prices from installers who have marked up their prices by sometimes over £300.

I have heard people who have paid £600 to get their lofts insulated and claimed the £300 back thinking they have got the deal of the century for the remaining £300, not knowing that a trip down to wickes for £100 and an afternoon up a stepladder would have sorted them out cheaper.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm