Washing machine access plug??

Postby caroline43 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:15 pm

Under the terms of the lease on my rental house I have to replace the access plug on the exsisting plumbing when removing my washing machine.

What and exactly where is an access plug and where do I buy one from, I cannot find any relavant reference to it on Google.

help!! and many thanks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 pm


Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:03 am

I have never heard of an access plug. However, I can understand they may require you to fit a blanking plug over the end of the washing machine taps. This basically is a blank plug that screws in place of the w/m hoses, and prevents any leaks from the tap.

Search screwfix for item 89113. This one needs a washer too. Nip to a plumber's merchant and tell them you want a cap to go over the end of a washing machine tap.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides

  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!


  • Related Topics