Washing Machine and Dishwasher Plumbing w/no Sink and Poor Drainage
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

St3v3Mac
Labourer
Labourer

Washing Machine and Dishwasher Plumbing w/no Sink and Poor Drainage

by St3v3Mac » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:19 am

Hopefully someone can help me resolve an issue I am having with my new kitchen. I have installed the kitchen my self and the Mrs decided she would like a long work top space so I moved the kitchen sink (looks much better by the window than where it was previously)

The problem I am having is the plumbing for the dishwasher and washing machine run to where the old sink was. I had to do some copper pipe to bring in a new water inlet for the dishwasher as it was previously in the garage (stupid I know!)

Cut to the chase - I have put in a U Bend the same as I would have had on the sink and have used a a double trap https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-twin-hose-connector-40mm/206HR?tc=IA3&ds_kid=92700049234612809&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249404&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249481&ds_rl=1249799&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5qWwipC-5gIVSrDtCh3BuwrEEAQYAyABEgKIrfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds This is the one I put on. However when I test it and just run the washing machine (thankfully I ran a rinse cycle and then shut it off to drain out the little water in there) The water sprays straight out the air hole at the top! Previously with the old sink you could hear the water bubbling up in the sink plug hole and every so often the water would rise up..

Yes, I know I should have sorted out the waste pipe before fitting the kitchen but was hopeful it would be ok... The waste pipe runs behind the kitchen unit to the wall then takes a right turn down the cavity of the wall between the bathroom and the outside wall before heading to the main sewer. The small sink in the bathroom is also draining to this pipe and connects just before the u bend for the kitchen...

Any help would be greatly received in trying to avoid a hefty bill or rip out.. I am pretty handy and can tackle most things my self..

Thanks in advance

Steve

It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:22 am