Washing machine problem - Servis Quartz 1200
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
J Wright
Labourer
Labourer

Washing machine problem - Servis Quartz 1200

by J Wright » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 am

I have a Servis washing machine bought in 1994, which up until now has been working fine. The problem seems to be that the drum does not turn during its programme cycle, it only turns when its on full spin. Also, I have been using the liquid capsules that you put into the drum and these do not seem to dissolve properly and I have to do another rinse and spin to try and dissolve them properly.

Please can anyone help.

Phil33
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Phil33 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:26 pm

It might be a faulty heater or thermostat. Some machines on some programmes will not agitate the washing until it has reached a certain temperature, which it won't reach if it's not heating. Unplug before you remove the back. If you have a multimeter, set it to a low ohms range and measure the resistance across the heater terminals with one wire removed. A good heater will read 20 to 30 ohms, a blown one will read infinity ohms.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:48 pm