Washing Machine Water level pressure switch
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
57 Speedster
Labourer
Labourer

Washing Machine Water level pressure switch

by 57 Speedster » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi, am new to this forum, (usually stick to car repairs), but hope someone can help with this. I have a BEKO WMA1512W Washing Machine, it recently started making a clattering noise when on the rinse cycle, traced the noise to the pump. Removed hoses, to check for any coins, buttons etc, but nothing, so I replaced the complete pump & filter housing, However, even with the new pump, the noise persited. I discovered that I can stop the noise by pinching the thin rubber hose to the Water level pressure switch. I think the switch is opening and closing during the rinse cycle, causing the pump to 'pulse', (you can see & feel the drain hose jumping about as the pump pulses), in time with the noise. Can the water level pressure switch be adjusted, or will it have to be replaced. Also, where would I be able to get one, (the pump supplier doesn't list the switch). Any advice much appreciated.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 pm

57 Speedster,
The pressure switch is a sealed unit and I would not recommend opening and adjusting it. Buy a new unit search for beko spares on the internet.
end

57 Speedster
Labourer
Labourer

by 57 Speedster » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks very much. Have found a supplier for the switch, about £37, but there you go. I won't bother messing with the old one, I'll just replace it.
Have a brand new spare pump doing nothing, but it may come in handy in the future.
Cheers

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 pm

57 Speedster,
Don't forget to replace the tube which is connected to the pressure switch and if you use powder detergent swap to a liquid one.
end

57 Speedster
Labourer
Labourer

by 57 Speedster » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:49 pm

[quote="stoneyboy"]57 Speedster,
Don't forget to replace the tube which is connected to the pressure switch and if you use powder detergent swap to a liquid one.
end[/quote]
Cheers, when you say replace, do you mean with a new one ?
Does powder detergent clog/damage the rubber tube or the switch ?
Thanks again

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 pm

57 Speedster,
Fit a new piece of rubber tube.
Most washing machines are cold fill, granules of powder do not dissolve immediately and end up in the drum. On some machines the powder gets into where the pressure switch tube is connected and this blocks the tube.
Even if you have a machine with hot and cold supply it is unlikely that the hot fill will be used unless the machine is set on a 90 deg wash cycle.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:04 pm

".....if you use powder detergent swap to a liquid one."

Any particular reason why?

Cheers

Edit Oh I see the answer was in the post I couldn't see because the moderator hadn't passed it when I wrote my post. Consider the question withdrawn.
Last edited by rosebery on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

57 Speedster
Labourer
Labourer

by 57 Speedster » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:20 pm

[quote="stoneyboy"]57 Speedster,
Fit a new piece of rubber tube.
Most washing machines are cold fill, granules of powder do not dissolve immediately and end up in the drum. On some machines the powder gets into where the pressure switch tube is connected and this blocks the tube.
Even if you have a machine with hot and cold supply it is unlikely that the hot fill will be used unless the machine is set on a 90 deg wash cycle.
end[/quote]

Aah, makes sense when you put it like that, will replace the rubber tube too. It is cold fill only, so will ditch the powder from now on. Thanks again stoneyboy.
Cheers, 57 Speedster.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:45 pm