Waste Pipes for Washing Machine Through uPVC Porch
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zelichops
Labourer
Labourer

Waste Pipes for Washing Machine Through uPVC Porch

Post by Zelichops » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:16 am

I'm putting a washing machine in a new porch and want to put the waste through the porch wall. To make it neater I would like to put it through the frame (closer to the house wall) but I'm worried this would undermine the strength of the structure and I'm not sure how it's constructed, ie does it contain metal elements that would make it difficult to drill a 40mm hole through. There's no guarantee on the porch so don't have to worry about that, just the strength and the best way to do it. Any help appreciated. Thanks

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Waste Pipes for Washing Machine Through uPVC Porch

Post by welsh brickie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:51 pm

don't cut the frame, how about through the floor? the frame will be ruined and un repairable and very hard to cut straight

Zelichops
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Waste Pipes for Washing Machine Through uPVC Porch

Post by Zelichops » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks for the reply, don't think it would be possible to go through the floor, the porch has been built on existing outdoor concrete base and there wouldn't be enough of a change in level unless I really went to town digging it out inside and out. Think I might take it through the uPVC panel next to the machine, that can be replaced in the future if somebody didn't want to have the w/machine in there.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:26 pm