DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Water coming in at top of bay window

Postby stevecass » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:04 am

When it rains hard water comes in through the wood at the top of my victorian bay window. It is NOT coming in through the window itself but penetrating in from above the bay and coming out just inside it through the woodwork. There does not appear to be any obvious cracks in the mortar or perishing of the stonework but water is getting in somehow. Any ideas and possible solutions?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:59 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Most likely to be a defect where the bay roof meets the wall.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4944
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics