Water Flow into Property to Feed Unvented System
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

tc9942
Labourer
Labourer

Water Flow into Property to Feed Unvented System

by tc9942 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:43 am

Hi All,

Hope you can help me with my issue.

I'm extending my property and will have a new full central heating system install as I will have 4 bathrooms so I was advised to get a unvented heating system.

My plumber has advised that the water flow (not pressure) into my property was only 13.5L per min so I've paid for a 32MM upgraded pipe from my property to my external stop tap. This has made no difference to the water flow.

I've rang my Water Company who tell me that the water pressure is fine and within standards. I've tried explaining to them that I'm not worried about the pressure but the water flow that is required for an unvented system (20L per min I believe) but I'm getting no-where.

After asking them how do I go about heating my home (Combi-boiler will not be sufficient for heating & bathrooms) and water flow is not sufficient for a unvented system I get told that my plumber will have to advise on that!!!

I've read about water pumps but a lot of feedback I'm reading do not give me a lot of confidence that they work. Does anyone have any advice or have known of a similar situation?

Cheers, Rich.