Water heater over basin
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
garfield59
Tradesman
Tradesman

Water heater over basin

Post by garfield59 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 pm

We have a Galaxy Aqua 3XL water heater over a corner basin in our upstairs toilet. Unfortunately, the spray arm on the unit is a bit too long and when you turn the unit on the water hits the basin too far up and goes everywhere except where you want it!
There is no room to move the heater, or put in a bigger basin so I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get a shorter arm for the heater? Redring do a short arm for their instantaneous water heaters for use with smaller basins and I wish now I had used one of their units but I don't want to buy a complete new unit if I can get a short arm for the Galaxy.
I don't think the arms are interchangeable between heaters but I would like to be proved wrong!
Any suggestion welcome please.
Garfield

omits
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Water heater over basin

Post by omits » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:00 pm

You might be able to add a bit of suitable hose but make sure it can take hot water.

garfield59
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Water heater over basin

Post by garfield59 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Unfortunately the spray arm is a plastic rectangular section and so I don't see how I can use a hose. If it had been the more usual chrome pipe then a hose would be a good solution.

I'm now thinking about getting a replacement arm and cutting a section out to make it shorter. Just need to make sure I can find an appropriate adhesive to join the parts back together again before I buy the spare arm.

I could just remove the spray part of the head and see if the flow stays in the basin.

Mmmm...?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 pm