DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Water Ingress Fix by Intalling Chamfered Slope Between Wall and Floor

Postby Ta1ch1 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:20 pm

i have a rubble filled wall constructed cottage. the building has no damp proof course and rain water which collects at the base of the outside walls is finding its way down through cracks between the wall and the outside concrete yard.

I would like to seal these cracks and gaps by creating a chamfered slope between the wall and yard floor to both seal the gaps and to guide the rainwater running down the walls, away from the building.

Can anyone suggest a product, material that would give me a waterproof seal between the various surfaces involved ?. I intend to cut a drainage channel that the redirected water would then flow into an existing storm drain.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:09 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics