Water into Air Bricks
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
beadie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Water into Air Bricks

by beadie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:32 am

THe design of my drive means the water flows back to the outer wall of the house. The air bricks are at ground level so that water builds up at the side of the house and goes into the air bricks and drains away. I have looked through the airbricks under the house and can see no standing water. Is this normal for the water to build up and then drain away. Would the house have been designed to drain the water away like this. It is 10yrs old house. Is there anything I can do to stop this. Thanks

wishiwascorgi
Tradesman
Tradesman

by wishiwascorgi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:29 am

i think this would be better in the https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=178

When u looked under the house did you just look through the bricks or did u lift the floorboards and check. Is the drive new or was that laid when the house was built? If it is new then it sounds like cowboys could have laid it and used this for convenience. If it was laid at the time of building then the houses drainage system could have been designed that way but i don't really think that is the case. But like i said post it in the driveways part of the forum and they should be able to help better

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1