Water not hot enough
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
riksweeney
Labourer
Labourer

Water not hot enough

by riksweeney » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:03 am

I have a conventional boiler system in the loft and I have noticed that the hot water isn't really getting very hot. It's just about warm enough to tolerate a shower but that's about it.

The boiler has a Drayton midpoint valve so when the hot water comes on, so do the radiators. The radiators completely ignore the thermostat setting when the hot water comes on, but if I switch on the central heating by itself then they'll obey the thermostat (I turned the thermostat off at one point and they remained cold, as expected).

I adjusted the thermostat on the boiler's cylinder up to 65 degrees yesterday, but this morning there was no change in the water temperature, but the radiators were, as usual, roasting.

I don't think it's a problem with the midpoint valve, since the CH works as expected, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Richard

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Water not hot enough

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:02 pm

riksweeney,
The drayton valve is a spring return valve so when powered off all flow should be port AtoB ie all water should flow to the hot water cylinder when the CH is off. Suggest you get this valve to operate correctly and see what happens to the hot water temperature.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:32 pm