Water not Hot Enough Using Hot Water and Heating With Open Vented System
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nickm01
Labourer
Labourer

Water not Hot Enough Using Hot Water and Heating With Open Vented System

Post by nickm01 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 am

Hi, grateful for any suggestions...

This is my first winter in a house with an open vented central heating system.
When I first moved in I didn't need the heating and the water coming out of hot tap was correct temperature but now I've started using the heating I'm finding both the heating and hot water from tap is tepid. In addition the boiler switches on and off frequently (perhaps 30 secs on then off for a minute or two) rather than staying on for a sustained period.
I've checked the feed tank has water and no obvious blockage there so my next thought was the system is clogged up with sludge - is this a possible cause of the problems (presumably a power flush would resolve this?)

thanks

nickm01
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Water not Hot Enough Using Hot Water and Heating With Open Vented System

Post by nickm01 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:02 am

so...I have now drained and flushed the system with DS40 (via header tank - not powerflush) system a lot quieter now but still water not up to temperature. I have checked cylinder thermostat and set to max but no change. I have checked 3-way valve is switching as required by the controller....
I can't figure out what is causing the boiler to switch off before water temperature raised sufficiently (boiler is not cutting out - just switching off in normal fashion)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
thanks

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1