Water pooling next to house on riven patio is this something to worry about?
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Reazar3
Labourer
Labourer

Water pooling next to house on riven patio is this something to worry about?

by Reazar3 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Hello,

I am looking for some peace of mind by getting some advice on a recent patio job I did. Earlier this summer I made a patio with some Bradstone Ashbourne manufactured patio slabs. I followed the usual advice and set the grade to be about 1:5 sloping away from the house and ensured it was far enough below the damp proof course. However I have still ended up with a couple of slabs where the water is pooling after moderate rain in some of the natural recesses of the slab. It sits against the wall. I have read that this is bad but I dont know if the amount I have is considered a problem. It is about 5mm deep max at about two points stretching a few feet along the wall. It never gets any higher than that so I assume the excess drains down the patio when its over the riven bit.

I have attached a picture, please take a look and let me know if this is worth worrying about or just natural. Thanks!
Attachments
IMAG1101.jpg

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Water pooling next to house on riven patio is this something to worry about?

by welsh brickie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:22 pm

there is not significant water to cause a major problem, don't worry about it

Reazar3
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Water pooling next to house on riven patio is this something to worry about?

by Reazar3 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:44 am

Great, thanks for the help.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:43 pm