Water pooling on patio up against rear wall of house.
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jonnkarta
Labourer
Labourer

Water pooling on patio up against rear wall of house.

by jonnkarta » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi,
first post so apologies if I do anything wrong!

I have recently bought a house and in the garden there is a concrete patio extending from the back wall of the house.

The patio appears to have sunk into the ground slightly leaning towards the direction of the back wall meaning that if it rains heavily water pools on the patio and up against the brickwork of the wall. Due to the angle of the sloping it only ever pools to a maximum of approximately 1 inch high and due to the build of the house it is below the floor level of my living room and hasn't caused me any obviously apparent problems as yet.

I haven't had any issues with water leaking into my living room and the water wouldn't be able to reach a level in order to reach the floor of the living room due to the angle.

I was planning on waiting until the weather improves, around spring time possibly to fix the patio and bring it back to level and possibly slant slightly in the opposite direction in an attempt to slide water away from the house come winter next year however wanted to check how big of an issue this potentially is.

I wasn't sure whether it was best to place sandbags against the house in an attempt to soak up the water or allow it to disappear into the ground as it usually does a few hours after the end of heavy rainfall?

If anyone could give me any advice on the matter I would be greatly appreciative.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Water pooling on patio up against rear wall of house.

by welsh brickie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:04 pm

It is not a major issue at all.Yes ideally it would be best if the water falls away from the house, and at some time in the future you could achieve this.
but dont worry about it.

jonnkarta
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Water pooling on patio up against rear wall of house.

by jonnkarta » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:42 am