DIY Doctor

Water Regulations - Spray tap in Kitchen

Postby jrees970 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi - My wife would like to install a mixer tap for the utility room sink which has a flexible pull-out spray head. My concern is that this then runs into problems with backflow protection, as the spray head can be below sink overflow level.

The tap is currently supplied direct from the rising main (it's a bungalow) - am I right in reading the 1999 water regs that there is no way of providing backflow prevention via Double Check valve in this situation as kitchen sinks count as class 5 ?

Any way round this ?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 2:27 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics