Water Tube Filter for 15 - 20mm Vertical Pipe
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Bobb
Labourer
Labourer

Water Tube Filter for 15 - 20mm Vertical Pipe

by Bobb » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am

Can you help? I posted this here because you plumber types are most likely to have the relevant expertise...
I need to find a simple filter that fits a 15-20mm vertical pipe. I plan to use this to drain a small volume of water that collects on my patio in the winter.

I guess my ideal scenario (do tell me otherwise) would be a filter siting at the top of a pipe that I can push into the ground. This will be installed between the patio slabs (Indian Stone).
- Lidded, because it would topped-off below the patio level, and be covered with sand which allows the standing water to soak through and away.
- The pipe itself would have holes in to allow the water to seep away.

Only other thought is: do I need a basket type filter that sets in the tube?Might not be necessary as long as the tube has a horizontal filter on the top. The filter would need to be removable, but securely fastened to the tube so that debris doesn't full in when I'm cleaning it each year.

I appreciate i might need two of three of these...but there really isn't much water to drain, just something like 5 mm over a square meter.

If all this makes sense to anyone, you're doing better than me!

Thanks!

It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:02 am