Waterproofing crack in concrete
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brendanxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Waterproofing crack in concrete

by brendanxx » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Hi,

My storeroom is underneath a pavement. Before it becomes the pavement proper there are cracks in the concrete and the water goes through the cracks into the storeroom. The only solution I can think of is to fill in the cracks with a waterproof repair concrete, but don't know for certain that that will solve the leaking and if so what concrete to get (the one's I've seen don't mention water sealing properties). Any advice very appreciated.
Attachments
CRACK.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Waterproofing crack in concrete

by stoneyboy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi brendanxx
movement and expansion will always occur at this crack so it is very unlikely that you will be able to seal it. You could try a flexible fill like building silicone mastic but unltimately you may have to lay a waterproof membrane material over the problem area
Regards S

brendanxx
Apprentice
Apprentice

by brendanxx » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:18 am

Thanks S

I think you're right - especially as there's more than one crack and there's one that's getting on for a cm across. But as the surface is walked on by the public is a membrane realistic? If I did that and put a thin layer of cement over it might that do the job - what do you think?
Brendan

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:44 pm

Hi brendanxx
You must protect the membrane stick thin paving tiles on top of it
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:32 am