Wedge Grip Metposts and Having Trouble Inserting Posts - Help Needed
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

Arbiter117
Labourer
Labourer

Wedge Grip Metposts and Having Trouble Inserting Posts - Help Needed

by Arbiter117 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi guys

I am in the process of installing a new fence for the back garden and have acquired metposts for the fence post holders.

The metpost is the 'wedge grip' type and is supposedly suitable for posts that have sides in the range of 72-78mm; the posts we currently have are 75x75mm and are therefore in the recommended range.

So far i have hammered down a metpost spike and am currently trying to fit the wooden post - it simply won't fit in to the metpost fence holder; the wedges create a space much to small/tight for the post to slide in to.

Am I missing something here? is it simply a case of driving the post into the metpost holder so that the wedges make an indent into the post? this seems a crude way of fixing the posts and very time consuming.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Attachments
squeezed the post in to this point so far, extremely hard to push it in any further
squeezed the post in to this point so far, extremely hard to push it in any further

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 pm