-+- ??? Weep Holes => Position & Cavity Tray Cuts ???
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lee_Hewitt
Apprentice
Apprentice

-+- ??? Weep Holes => Position & Cavity Tray Cuts ???

by Lee_Hewitt » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Hello again all,
I'm now about to lay bricks on a wide 450mm DPC to form a cavity tray but I'm unsure of a few things. The first is how many/where to position the weep holes on the outer leaf. I am going to lay the wide DPC over the top of the gas barrier which covers both inner and outer leaf for the gas barrier but I'm not sure if I should fit a weep hole every other strecher, i.e. every 450mm as per lintel cavity trays. I'm also not sure how to cut the wide DPC in the corner so I can lift it up diagonally to lap on the top of the first course of blocks to form the tray. i.e.. At the moment I have just placed the wide DPC to the corners with one side DPC overlapping the other side DPC but when I lay bricks on top of this I will need to cut both sides DPC in the corner so I can lift it up to form the cavity tray. Do I make straight cuts right up against the inner face of the corner bricks, do I make a 45 degree cut or do I need special corner fittings that make up the corners for a cavity tray?

As always, many thanks in advance,

Lee Hewitt.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:03 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:35 am