Wet room floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sue o
Labourer
Labourer

Wet room floor

Post by sue o » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:31 pm

My wet room floor was laid 9 years ago and is now very discoloured round the edges with hard water marks. Looks horrible! I am not sure what make it was but a good quality non slip vinyl, used for swimming pools etc. It has worked fine as non slip. I do not want to replace it with vinyl as I fear same thing will happen again. What would be best ? - tiles? It is on ground floor over concrete and well made. I have three hip replacements (!) and do not want to slip..... Help please, thanks

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:20 am

Ordinary bathroom ceramics won't help you as they won't be non slip. You may be able to use non slip swimming pool edge ceramics though. Even so I'm not certain they will be as non-slip as you probably want them to be.

I'd be more concerned though that this exercise is likely to cost you more than you think. Theres a very real risk that in taking up the old wet room floor that the substrate will be damaged. Its important in a wetroom that this is totaly waterproof and stays so. If it gets damaged the whole lot has to come up and be redone. Just a word of caution.

HTH.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:00 am