wetroom
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dave6953
Apprentice
Apprentice

wetroom

by dave6953 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:28 am

I am putting in a wetroom upstairs and need to know what type of plywood board do I need and also can I use normal ceramic tiles for the floor and walls. thank you. :?

chrissie22
Apprentice
Apprentice

by chrissie22 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:51 pm

i think you should use marine ply and ceramic tiles can be used on floor and walls

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Minimum spec ply is WPB.

Yes you can use normal tiles. What size are you intending bearing in mind the floor needs to be shaped to allow for drainage?

To form the floor profile use Mr Schluter's materials. google" schluter.com/143.aspx

Cheers

swadie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: wetroom

by swadie » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 am

[quote="dave6953"]I am putting in a wetroom upstairs and need to know what type of plywood board do I need and also can I use normal ceramic tiles for the floor and walls. thank you. :?[/quote]

have you concidered Wedi board ot thet type of tile backer board ?
with wedi board you can get pre shaped trays ready to tile with the fall and traps built in

dave6953
Apprentice
Apprentice

thank you chrissie22,I appreciate your reply.

by dave6953 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:00 am

[quote="chrissie22"]i think you should use marine ply and ceramic tiles can be used on floor and walls[/quote]

dave6953
Apprentice
Apprentice

wetroom

by dave6953 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 am

[quote="chrissie22"]i think you should use marine ply and ceramic tiles can be used on floor and walls[/quote] hi chrissie22 thank you for your reply I appreciate your help.

dave6953
Apprentice
Apprentice

wetroom

by dave6953 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:19 am

[quote="rosebery"]Minimum spec ply is WPB.

Yes you can use normal tiles. What size are you intending bearing in mind the floor needs to be shaped to allow for drainage?

To form the floor profile use Mr Schluter's materials. google" schluter.com/143.aspx

Cheers[/quote] thank you rosebery,I watched Mr schluter's, WOW don't it look easy, I appreciate your help and the video.[/url]

dave6953
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: wetroom

by dave6953 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:23 am

[quote="swadie"][quote="dave6953"]I am putting in a wetroom upstairs and need to know what type of plywood board do I need and also can I use normal ceramic tiles for the floor and walls. thank you. :?[/quote]

have you concidered Wedi board ot thet type of tile backer board ?
with wedi board you can get pre shaped trays ready to tile with the fall and traps built in[/quote] thank you for your help I appreciate it is wedi board the same or similar to plywood.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 pm

"I am putting in a wetroom upstairs"

&

"have you concidered Wedi board ot thet type of tile backer board ?
with wedi board you can get pre shaped trays ready to tile with the fall and traps built in"

If its upstairs the floor IS going to move and in due course if the wetroom isn't installed properly you'll be on the receiving end of a rain shower downstairs. I wouldn't trust anything other than the Schluter Kerdi system in this environment because it remains flexible and would walk away from the job if you wanted it any other way. Tanking whilst fine for showers with a tray or overbath will go hard and not be flexible.

BTW WPB ply is perfectly adequate as a substrate. Proper Marine ply is well expensive and OTT for this application.

Cheers

dave6953
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dave6953 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:29 am

[quote="rosebery"]"I am putting in a wetroom upstairs"

&

"have you concidered Wedi board ot thet type of tile backer board ?
with wedi board you can get pre shaped trays ready to tile with the fall and traps built in"

If its upstairs the floor IS going to move and in due course if the wetroom isn't installed properly you'll be on the receiving end of a rain shower downstairs. I wouldn't trust anything other than the Schluter Kerdi system in this environment because it remains flexible and would walk away from the job if you wanted it any other way. Tanking whilst fine for showers with a tray or overbath will go hard and not be flexible.

BTW WPB ply is perfectly adequate as a substrate. Proper Marine ply is well expensive and OTT for this application.

Cheers[/quote][quote]thank's again rosebery,this is the system I will use much appreciated.[/quote]

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:03 pm