DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What are purps

Postby remelad » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi can any builders out there answer this question for me.
Recently my neighbour had a burst water pipe,which he did nothing about for 3 weeks. As we live on a hill the water was draining through a new wall i had had i called my insurance just to make sure i was covered if anything went wrong. A surveyor turned up and said my cement bed and purps were washed out. Can any one tell me what purps are,as i have to pay the first £75 pounds for only 1 meter of repointing to the 1st course.
Think it would be cheaper for me to repoint than that.
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:03 am


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:47 pm

perpendicular joints (perps) remelad. That is the vertical joints in the brickwork. See our poroject on laying bricks and blocks for a full understanding of brickwork terms.
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!