What Colours go With Beech Wood Kitchen Units?

Postby BabyBird21 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:58 am

I like modern colors like white, greys, silver, blacks. changing the kitchen units isnt an option currently, so i was wondering what colours go well with them? i would really like to stick with the modern neutral look. Do you think a light grey would go with it?
BabyBird21
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby collectors » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:33 am

Its a personal choice, but always keep with a light colour in a working area like a kitchen. I have had black & wood browns & all looked very nice, but useless to work in & makes the room feel smaller. Think also of a colour that will reflect light well.
collectors
Progress to next rank:
78%

Postby BabyBird21 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:48 pm

collectors wrote:Its a personal choice, but always keep with a light colour in a working area like a kitchen. I have had black & wood browns & all looked very nice, but useless to work in & makes the room feel smaller. Think also of a colour that will reflect light well.

What colours would you suggest? I was thinking of a really light grey, like the dulux grey called Polished Pearl. Ill try upload a photo of the kitchen how it currently is so you can get an idea of how it looks. whats your first impression of that colour with that wood in the photo?
Attachments
Kitchen.jpg
BabyBird21
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby Sarah M » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 am

In my kitchen, there are light grey wall cabinets and nearly black base cabinets. I'm pretty happy with them.
Don't you find your walls a bit too dark? I think, it makes the space seem smaller.
Sarah M
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby Sarah M » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:41 am

Oops, I've read the thread wrong and was thinking that changing the units IS an option currently. If you're into natural neutral colours, mb consider pale sand.
Sarah M
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby IanKnapperStonemason » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:35 am

If you are keen on grey, maybe look into a pale dove grey? I think one with a warmer undertone would look great with the beech units.
IanKnapperStonemason
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!