What do you Think of These Quotes for new Windows and Doors?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cottoneye
Labourer
Labourer

What do you Think of These Quotes for new Windows and Doors?

by cottoneye » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi

Great forum!

Our current windows are double glazed PVC and were originally installed by Stormseal some 30+ years ago.

Rosewood on White Windows/Door: (Measurements are thereabouts!)

1 x 90 x 165 - Toughened Glass - Top opener
1 x 60 x 95 - Obscure Glass - Full Opener
1 x 123 x 196 - Toughened Glass - Top and Side
1 x 123 x 196 - Top and Side Opener
1 x 90 x 190 - Top opener
1 x 170 x 115 - Side Opener
2 x 170 x 178 - Two top openers

Rear Door: 85 x 195
Front Door: Door: 80 x 200 + Side Panel: 35 x 200 + Arch (with house number): 66 x 115

I’ve had a few quotes which I’d really appreciate your feedback on please (Based in North West):

Quote 1 > Selecta Advance 70 > Grade Not Sure > 2 x Solidor - £5300 - Certass + Insurance Guarantee

This quote has some price flexibility, could bring it down a notch. There’s not a lot of info on the profile, I have a pic that the installer sent - seems the middle of the profile (on the left in the pic) is rather hollow. Is that acceptable? Veka and Halo have smaller centre chambers (not sure of the correct terminology). Image: http://bit.ly/1JUcU7G

Quote 2 > Kommerling C70 > Grade: Not Sure > 2 x Solidor - £5300 - No Certass + No Insurance Guarantee

Good frames from what I understand. shame about the cert + warranty.

Quote 3 > Rehau 70 > Grade C: £5800 > 2 x Solidor - Certass + Insurance Guarantee

Quote 4 > Veka > Grade: Not Sure > 2 x Solidor - £6000 - Certass + Network Veka

Quote 5 > Halo > Grade: Not Sure > 2 x Solidor - £6050 - Certass + Insurance Guarantee

Thanks everyone!

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: What do you Think of These Quotes for new Windows and Doors?

by welsh brickie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:32 pm

go with VEKA, the windows are guaranteed as standard, but its the fitting of them that's important, you have to be approved to join Veka network and standards are checked on a regular basis, you may pay a little bit more, but its peace of mind that a good job will be done.

cottoneye
Labourer
Labourer

Re: What do you Think of These Quotes for new Windows and Doors?

by cottoneye » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:36 am

welsh brickie wrote:go with VEKA, the windows are guaranteed as standard, but its the fitting of them that's important, you have to be approved to join Veka network and standards are checked on a regular basis, you may pay a little bit more, but its peace of mind that a good job will be done.

Thanks for your help, does the Veka quote look competitive?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:49 am