What is minimum garden space for new development?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
x112fan
Labourer
Labourer

What is minimum garden space for new development?

Post by x112fan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi... i have recently purchased a bungalow on a large plot of land. I am thinking about extending the bungalow and adding another bungalow on the site. However..i am not too sure...how much garden space i will need to provide the new development with..and how much space i have to leave for existing house.

The previous owner made a similar application but was refused by the council...on the basis of over development and not in keeping with street scene. Is i was to down scale the new house which i want to build and keep it in context of the surrounding buildings....do i have any chances for an approval?

Also..whats the best way to start this project? should i make contact with the case officer who refused the previous application to discuss this new development idea?

any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

angelboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by angelboy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

Talk to the planners first to see what would be acceptable. You should be able to drop into most planning department and speak with a planner (although I would call first to confirm). Talk through potential options and make a pre-application if requested by the planners.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1