What is the best way to cut laminate to wall profile?
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Warspite
Apprentice
Apprentice

What is the best way to cut laminate to wall profile?

by Warspite » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 pm

Hello all.

I am going to attempt to lay my laminate floor at the weekend. I have read most postings with interest and am sure I know the basics. However I do not know (and cannot find any mention) of how to cut the laminate to follow the profile of non-straight walls and around corners etc. I am sure there must be an easy (even non-technical) way of doing this but I just can't figure it out.. Can anyone offer some advice please?

Thankyou.

ghflooring
Labourer
Labourer

by ghflooring » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 pm

The easiest way to do this is to put a board on top of the last row then take another board and mark it from the wall onto the other board as per image [img]http://img2.timeinc.net/toh/i/a/interiors/flooring-00.jpg[/img]

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:11 am

Take a look at our project called laying floor tiles it shows how to cut tiles to the shape of profiles. Its the same process with laminate. The process is called "scribing" and is more clearly explainded in our project called scribing timber. If all else fails and the profiles are too small (toilet, architrave etc) use a piece of cardboard as a template and transfer the correct cut to the laminate.

Warspite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thankyou..

by Warspite » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:15 pm

Cheers guys!

You make it look and sound so easy?

I really appreciate your replys. Most helpful.

Andy.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 am