What is the best way to heat my small apartment?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jonlb72
Labourer
Labourer

What is the best way to heat my small apartment?

by jonlb72 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi folks

I am looking for the cheapest and most economical way to heat my small studio apartment. It is situated on the ground floor and comprises of one main living room, which is about 182 square feet (13X14ft) with a separate kitchen and bathroom. I used to have a dimplex combi storage heater in the main room, a smaller storage heater in the kitchen and a heated towel rail in the bathroom but all these have long since gone. For years it seems I have only been using one electric portable convector heater to heat my entire flat. This maybe sufficient in the summer months but during the winter it’s never enough. I dared not think how much its cost me to heat my apartment over the years with one small convector heater, which is why I’m determined now to sort this problem out.

My first thought is just to get storage heaters again, the same as I had before. I was recently told by my brother to install central heating as this was cheaper and more economical but I am concerned about the costs involved and I think its overkill for what I need.

Besides that, I am open to any suggestions. So fire away!!!

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Johnny

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 am

jonlb72,
Stick with the storage heaters - you got the outlets.
end

PresleyT
Labourer
Labourer

by PresleyT » Tue May 31, 2011 5:15 pm

I would think storage or portable space heaters would suffice. Besides a heater, you may also want to get a fan to circulate the warm air throughout the apartment. If you can, a ceiling fan would be really good since the hot air rises and you want to push it down to keep the overall air comfortable.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1