What is this piece of equipment for and how do I use this
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jogey
Apprentice
Apprentice

What is this piece of equipment for and how do I use this

Post by Jogey » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi all,

I have been living in a new build in London since 2004 and was the first person to live in the flat when built. It came with a built in AEG oven COMPETENCE B1180-1 and an AEG 222 D Fume Extractor Hood. It also has an extractor fan in the ceiling. My wife noticed that underneath the built in AEG oven there is a device and asked me what it was for and I actually had never noticed it before as I hardly ever ate in when I was single. I checked the manual for the cooker but it doesn't seem to mention it. When you switch it on it doesn't make any noises or show any signs of life. It just between the floor and the cooker. The cooker, the hood extractor and the extractor fan all work fine. I am attaching a picture of this device and if any of you can tell me what it is and how to use it I would be very grateful
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: What is this piece of equipment for and how do I use this

Post by Mr White » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:21 pm

It is a space heater. It is basically a fan heater that is designed to be installed in a kick board. If turning the dial and operating the switches do nothing then it has been switched off elsewhere or never connected. As you have never used it I would not worry about it.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by ericmark » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:33 pm

I can't quite make out from picture, seems like all electric, but also made where the central heating water goes through it like the heater in your car, and normally there is a heat activated switch that stops it running if central heating is not on. Myson kickspace Fan Plinth heaters are made both all electric and electric/hydronic and the latter can be both heating and cooling when connected to a heat pump.

Likely that is all electric, and some where there is a switched fused connection unit and it is turned off.

Jogey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogey » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi @ericmark ericmark,

Thanks very much for this. There actually was an electrical switch in the kitchen for this kickspace heater and it is all electric. It warms up the place great and the wife is happy! Thanks for your help Jogey

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:41 pm