DIY Doctor

What Part do I Need to use to cap off a U Bend?

Postby Penstemon53 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:10 am

Hi, I am a total dunce when it comes to all things plumbing but i really don't want to call out a plumber for such a minute job. So please excuse the terminology/ignorance!

I used to have a tabletop dishwasher. The kitchen sink U Bend has the old drainage pipe attached to it (branching off) which i want to take off because it's in the way. It looks as if it can just be unscrewed & capped, with the correct part.
The challenge is that i am housebound/disabled. My carer will be unscrewing it, which she is happy to do, but i cant ask her to unscrew it & go across town to the store to get something that fits, as it will take too long & her time is very limited & i need her here.... so i need to buy the part online before hand, but i have no idea of what type/size of part i need, what it might be called... A quick google search revealed all kinds of different bits.

Could you knowledgeable people pls tell me what i need to buy in order to be able to move the dishwasher pipe & secure it so it doesn't leak after removal? Not sure if such things are a standard size & if not whether there is a way to tell what size it is without removing it?

hopeful thanks
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics